“No car Saturdays” – to try to be more environmentally conscious, we have made a consorted effort to not drive on one day of the weekend. This gets us out on our bikes or on the subway and it allows us to make an effort to consolidate our driving day errands! Yesterday was Saturday!
We rode out to Taste of the Kingsway from noon to 2pm and then around 3pm we rode up to The Junction Arts Festival. The Taste was a bit of a downer, but the Junction festival was fun. Lots to see and do. We went back at 9:30 to see David Usher perform a free concert (well, we didn’t actually see him, but it was cool!)
Since JT’s been off, he has been doing all of the cooking during the week. He really is coming into his own, and I simply cannot complain, it’s just that I miss doing it. So, on the weekends, I do my share.
Saturday I made us Chimichurri Shrimp as an hors d’oeuvres and Mushroom Barley Risotto with Chicken au herbs en provence.
BBQ’d Chimichurri Shrimp
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (about 2 medium)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 drops of Mesquite smoke (this is strong stuff, use very sparingly)
- about 12 shrimp (6 per person)