Posted in Desserts, Vegetarian on August 14, 2010 |
2 Comments »
Frozen Grand Marnier Mousse
Makes 8-10 servings altered from Epicurious (photo taken with iPhone!)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tbsp orange rind
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 1/4 cups chilled whipping cream
- Raspberry coulis
- Honey candied walnuts
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water) and whisk until thermometer registers 140°F for 3 consecutive minutes, total time about 10 minutes. Remove from over water. Using electric mixer, beat until cool, about 4 minutes.
- Using electric mixer fitted with clean dry beaters, beat cream in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Add rind and extract. Fold Grand Marnier mixture into cream.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or until set.
- Serve drizzled with coulis, a few raspberries and some candied walnuts.
Read Full Post »
Stilton and Honey Roasted Walnuts in Cheese Gougeres
I came up with this recipe because I was looking for something different. This recipe served 2, bit if you have more people, it multiplies well.
- 6 gougeres
- About 1 oz Stilton
- 6 walnut halves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- Pinch of cayenne
- In a small frying pan, melt butter and honey, add walnuts and cook until honey is a caramel colour and walnuts are totally covered. Sprinkle with cayenne evenly.
- Spread out on parchment to cool.
- Cut 2/3 of each gourgier horizontally (like a clam) and stuff with equal parts Stilton and one walnut half. Close up the gourgiers.
- Serve and enjoy!
Optional: preheat oven to 350°F. Bake gougeres until cheese has melted. Serve warm.
Updated a few typos.
Read Full Post »