The weather was unbelievable on the May long weekend. We couldn’t help ourselves to drag the table down to the dock and two chairs so we could have lunch right on the water.
The recipe is the similar to one I posted some time ago, but I changed it up so here it is again. It’s so versatile that you can put anything you desire in it. AND what was new and different was the amazing poached egg on top (yes, I had the egg yolk on this one, I figured I earned it!).
Quinoa Tabouleh and a Poached Egg
Serves 4 (or two for lunch with leftovers)
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 each red, yellow and orange peppers
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 mint leaves
- 4-6 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp crumbled sheeps milk feta
- 2 or 4 poached eggs
- Add salt to water and boil.
- Toast Quinoa for a couple of minutes in a dry pan – moving around so it doesn’t burn (when you hear it pop, count to 5 and remove immediately)
- Add Quinoa and cook for 12 minutes on a soft boil, or until all the water is soaked into the Quinoa.
- While cooking the Quinoa, add minced garlic to lemon juice, allow to sit.
- Remove Quinoa from heat and add lemon juice and garlic mixture, mix well. Allow to absorb and cool.
- Chop all veg into similar sized pieces (I like about 1/4″ dice).
- Chop parsley and mint finely.
- When Quinoa has cooled, mix everything together. Serve with a poached egg over it and crumbled feta.