We’re having Walnut, Porcini and Morel Crusted Tilapia later this week and I needed a dressing to help jazz up the greens. There is nothing like a good warm dressing over greens, it just wilts the greens ever so slightly making it a delicious meal. The miso paste goes very well with mushroom, emulating the creaminess that some butter would bring to it (I was trying to keep it healthier). I hope you enjoy this Kitcheninspirations original dressing.
Warm White Balsamic and Mushroom Dressing
a Kitcheninspirations original recipe
- 75 g sweet onions finely sliced
- 100 g crimini mushrooms finely sliced
- 15 g light miso dissolved in 120 mL water
- 50 mL white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Heat oil in a small pan, cook the onions until translucent. You may need to add a little bit of the miso liquid. Add mushrooms and cook down so they are quite wilted, add garlic and cook just until you can smell it. Add remaining liquid and white balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Serve hot over greens or Walnut, Porcini and Morel Crusted Tilapia.