We are trying to eat more fish these days and I’m constantly cruising the web trying to find delicious and unique ways to present said fish. The internet has been busy with peaches recently as they are in season so I created this recipe to include them. Last week we had a grill Tilapia with quinoa tabouleh (or this one) and I wanted a little something to spice it up, so I came up with a Peach Salsa that was quite tasty so I thought I’d share it with you. I’ll leave the ingredients quantities to your own taste, after all, these recipes are meant to inspire.
- Peaches, finely diced 0.5cm or 1/4″ cubes (I left the skin on for texture, plus I always have a really hard time getting the skin off, no matter what technique I use).
- Jicama, finely diced 0.5cm or 1/4″ cubes
- Green chili peppers (seeded), finely diced 0.5cm or 1/4″ cubes
- Sweet red pepper, finely diced 0.5cm or 1/4″ cubes
- Garlic, finely minced
- Green onions, finely minced
- Thai basil, finely chopped
- Mint, finely chopped
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Rosa’s Lime Cordial, just to wet and mix everything together
- Salt to taste
- Combine everything in a glass bowl and refrigerate, this is much better if it can sit for an hour or so.
- Garnish with parsley, mint or Thai basil and serve on top of grilled white fish.