If you love chocolate and mint together, you will LOVE these cookies. But get the candy cane kisses now, because I think they are seasonal!
Chocolate Crinkle Kisses (Recipe from Anna)
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bag of Hershey candy cane kisses (you’ll need just about 2 bags) – this cookie is also great with the Hershey caramel kisses.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter with the cocoa powder and sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture.
- Slowly mix in all the dry ingredients until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate Chips.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours (this is important so they don’t end up flat).
Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll dough into a small ball 1 inch in diameter (I used a tiny ice cream scoop!).
- Pour icing sugar in small bowl & roll each ball to coat.
- Place on parchment covered baking sheet leaving about 2 inches between the cookies (great for clean-up!).
- Bake for 6-7 minutes. Remove from oven and put 1 unwrapped Kiss on each cookie (squish in the centre of the cookie, tip pointing up). Return to Oven for 2 minutes more of baking.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheet, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen or more cookies depending on the size of each ball.