1 bosc pear, halved and cored
Water to cover
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 medium sized endive (separated into 12 spears)
3 whole walnuts roughly chopped (or 3 tbsp)
2 tbsp maple syrup (not a mistake)
2 ounces of crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
Balsamic vinegar reduction
- Poach pears in water and 2 tbsp maple syrup (about 10 minutes).
- Pan fry walnuts in 2 tbsp maple syrup until syrup crystallizes on walnuts (1-2 minutes) careful not to burn the syrup, this happens very fast!
- Cool pear and slice into 12 slices.
- Separate the endive spears and fill each with a slice of poached pear, a sprinkling of candied walnuts and crumbled cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!