- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 x eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon, more to tast
- Grease madeleleine tins and set in the freezer. Heat the oven 400°F/200°C.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Melt the butter, and stir in the sugar and honey. Lightly beat the eggs, and temper them into the butter mixture. Whisk into the flour to make a smooth batter. Pour into the moulds and bake until the cakes are puffed up, golden around the edges and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, without opening the door during cooking.
Serve with seedless raspberry sauce (with a couple of tbsp of Grand Marnier) and unsweetened whipped cream! YUM!