From the Five Roses Flour cookbook (Yield: 16-5 cm (2″) squares or about 30 mini muffin blondies). These are chewy and tasty, although not low in calories, but then again, it IS Christmas!
- ¾ cup(s) Five Roses All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp alt
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 150ºC (300ºF).
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Melt butter and brown sugar over low heat. Remove from heat.
- Add slightly beaten egg, be careful not to cook the egg, make sure the mixture is not too hot.
- Blend in dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla and nuts; stir well.
- Spread mixture into a prepared 20 cm (8″) square pan or mini muffin cups. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cut into squares while still warm and cool completely in pan before serving. Cool mini muffins in pan completely before turning out.