These little gems make a lovely hors d’oeuvres on their own, or stuffed…from The Classics LCBO special edition. We’re taking them as a hostess gift tonight! Makes about 40 little bite_sized puffs!
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place water, butter and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add flour, and stir until combined.
- Return to heat and stir cooking the flour mixture until it comes away from the sides of the pan and is a shiny ball.
- Place in a food processor with plastic blades and process for 15 seconds (give or take).
- Add eggs and process for 40 seconds (err on the longer side of give or take).
- Add both cheeses and process for another 5-10 seconds until smooth.
- Using a wet spoon, place thumbnail-sized spoonfuls on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 1 1/2″ apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Check it out on Foodista!
They puff up about 12 minutes into baking and are ideal for stuffing with a pipping funnel (I bought a really cheap one from a dollar store and it works very well). Stuff with goats cheese, or your own recipe. Unstuffed, they freeze very well.