This recipe is a version from Food Network’s Tyler Florence (our’s is much healthier!)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 6oz Salmon Steaks, BBQ’d
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, julienned (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 pound angel hair pasta (we always use whole wheat or Catelli Smart)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, quartered and drained
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted (1/4 pound)
- 6 ounces sheep’s milk feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Carnation evaporated milk (fat free version)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil water for pasta in a pasta pot, fitted with a strainer.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook Salmon.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to skillet. Saute for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the fresh pasta to boiling water, cook until al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Now add the basil, artichoke hearts, olives to the skillet. Saute one minute then stir in the milk.
- Strain the pasta and transfer to a large pasta bowl.
- Cut salmon into bite-sized chunks and add to the pasta and toss.
- Add the crumbled feta, toss again.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper before serving.