My friend is away on a girls weekend in New York City, so we decided to have her hubby and daughter for dinner. Last time they were over I had made a multi-course meal and it impressed her daughter so much that she wanted to make one at home; so of course, I had to indulge again! This is the menu:
- Escargot en Profiterole (drenched in Garlic, Parsley Butter)
- Mushroom Velouté with Truffle Oil Drizzle and Garlic Crostini
- Retro Deviled Egg
- Balsamic Poached Pear, Prosciutto, Blue Cheese and Endive with a balsamic reduction
- Barley Risotto with Asparagus and Shrimp
- Old Fashioned Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream or Aged Cheddar
Retro Deviled Eggs
- 2 hard boiled eggs, pealed and cut in half length-wise, yolks removed and reserved
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp green onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers
- Mix egg yolk, mayo, green onion and capers until creamy.
- Put this mixture into a pipping bag with the largest star-shaped nozzle.
- Pipe even amounts of this mixture into each yolk hole.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika to decorate the pipped mixture.
- Serve on mini individual plates, between courses.
Mushroom Velouté with Truffle Oil
Old Fashioned Apple Pie