Makes 8-10 servings altered from Epicurious (photo taken with iPhone!)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tbsp orange rind
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 1/4 cups chilled whipping cream
- Raspberry coulis
- Honey candied walnuts
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water) and whisk until thermometer registers 140°F for 3 consecutive minutes, total time about 10 minutes. Remove from over water. Using electric mixer, beat until cool, about 4 minutes.
- Using electric mixer fitted with clean dry beaters, beat cream in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Add rind and extract. Fold Grand Marnier mixture into cream.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or until set.
- Serve drizzled with coulis, a few raspberries and some candied walnuts.