I have been looking around the net for a compelling Chocolate Avocado pudding to try. Yes, it does sound weird, but that’s what makes it too difficult to resist! Still feeling a little hesitant to serve it to guests until I found a very easy recipe, which included a banana! So tonight is the night (as Rod Stewart sings) we are having a BBQ Pizza dinner. JT is in charge of the pizza and we’ve decided on Margherita (our home made tomato and roasted red pepper jam as the base, sliced tomatoes and fresh buffalo mozzarella, with basil, of course!). It’s sweltering in Toronto, and we plan to eat outside, so I changed up the recipe a bit to make it more “ice creamy”. Since I want to serve this as more of an ice cream, I added the frozen banana and processed just before serving. This is a very rich dessert, so a small portion is key (by the way, I had a spoonful and JT had the rest of mine!). This recipe makes about 3-4 small servings.
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 4+ tbsp honey, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1/4+/- cup water or milk
- Chop avocado coarsely and add to your immersion blender jar, add honey, cocoa powder and vanilla and process till smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides a few times with a rubber spatula. I use my immersion blender because it really makes a smooth creamy paste.
- Refrigerate covered in the blender container.
- Just before serving, add coarsely chopped frozen banana and process until smooth, adding the water in small amounts until the desired consistency is achieved. Serve immediately garnished with bits of coconut.