I know, my super bowl menu listed Honey Garlic Chicken Wings, but while I was grazing my reading list of blogs, I saw that Kay over at Pure Complex recently made Grilled Maple Mustard Chicken Wings and I just knew I had to revise my Honey Garlic CW to Maple Garlic Chicken Wings – yet another tip of the hat to the New England Patriots! Unfortunately, my photos just did not turn out well, so I trashed them. You’ll have to use your imagination on how yummy they were.
Maple Garlic Chicken Wings
- whole mess of wings (I like them separated so they bake more evenly)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4-5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- non-fat cooking spray
- Dry off the wings and add to a zip lock bag.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients and pour into the bag and close. Rub this mixture into the wings — you can leave in the fridge over night, if you wish.
- Pre heat oven to 200° C / 400° F
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment (will save a lot of time cleaning up). Spray a bit with the non-stick spray.
- Pour wings onto the sheet and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning once when the fist side has a nice golden colour to it.
- Enjoy with Blue Cheese dipping sauce.