As I’ve previously mentioned, our friends Rae and Monica are coming over for a Valentine’s themed dinner. Rae recently became a vegetarian so in order to save myself some time, I am planning to serve only vegetarian food for everyone (he eats seafood); plus it will not alienate him from the rest of the dinner party. I find this type of cooking a challenge and really enjoy doing it! Much of the menu is inspired by the blogs I read, so I thank you for the inspiration. I have linked where appropriate.
- Hors D’œuvres: Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Rollups
- Appetizer: Mushroom consomé with an mushroom and onion dumpling (inspired by The Big Fat Noodle and her Chinese New Year Dumplings)
- Salad: Falafel on greens with avocado paste and cilantro ‘pesto’ (from Manu’s Menu, Falafel)
- Intermisso: Grapefruit Granita from Rufus Food and Spirits Guide
- Main Course: Seafood Paella (I’m using this recipe but without the meat)
- Dessert: Buttermilk Yogurt Panna Cotta with Balsamic Glazed Strawberries (inspired by Asmita at The Compulsive Foodie and that bottle of 100 year old Balsamic I was given for Christmas, thanks JT)