I had a bit of the smoked salmon mousse left over from the appi’s I put together on Thursday for cocktails and instead of tossing it, I used it as a base for this tasty egg dish. Kelly, I hope you don’t mind, but I changed the recipe a bit as JT and I don’t need the calories that your growing boys need.
Smoked Salmon Breakfast Egg Puffs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp smoked salmon mousse (you don’t need to add this if you don’t have it, I was just using it up)
- 2 slices of smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp dill
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- Add whole egg, yogurt, smoked salmon mousse, smoked salmon, onion and dill into a bowl and whisk until well mixed. Set aside.
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form but not dry. Fold into egg mixture.
- Prepare 200 mL ramekins with non-stick spray and pour the egg mixture evenly into each ramekin, leaving about 2 cm of space at the top (you need this because they puff up like a souflée) Bake for about 20-25 minutes, top should be golden and the insides should test clean with a cake tester. Serve immediately (or after photo) on a bed of baby arugula dressed with a drizzle of balsamic and garnished with something red (tomatoes would have been perfect, but I didn’t have any so I used diced red peppers)