Original Recipe from King Arthur Flour, please click here.
This recipe makes 17 buns about 60 g each.
- 400 g Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 46 g milk powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 125 mL water
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 egg
- 276 g sourdough starter, fed
- cornmeal (for dusting)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, salt and milk powder and stir well to mix.
- In large glass measuring cup, combine water, yeast, sugar, oil and egg with the sourdough starter and mix thoroughly.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour the starter mixture into it. Mix with your dough hook attachment until the dough forms a ball and no longer sticks to the sides.
- Form into a smooth ball and oil exterior. Allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Press down and pinch about 60 g pieces and shape into even buns. Cut a small X on the top. Allow the buns to rest for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375° F (190° C.
- Mist buns lightly with water and bake for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature is 200° F).
- Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm.