Last week we posted the Arugula Paste (or Arugula Pesto for those of us less traditional) and you might have guessed that I would do something tasty with it. The paste ended up on a tilapia fillet with some sautéed vegetables on a bed of spinach. The dish got rave reviews even if the lighting sucks.
Tilapia Crusted with Arugula Paste
A KitchenInspirations Original Recipe
- 60 g button mushrooms, cut in half
- 60 g radishes, cut into triangles
- 50 g yellow pepper, cut into cubes
- 50 g red pepper, cut into cubes
- 70 g eggplant, cut into cubes
- 70 g onion, chopped
- 60 g celery, cut into cubes
- 200 g tilapia fillet
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup arugula paste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F (176° C). Place fish in the centre of a heart-shaped sheet of parchment paper. Spread about half of the arugula paste on top and close and fold the parchment en papillote style (please see note below).
- In the meantime, add 1 tsp vegetable oil to a sautée pan and sautée all of the vegetables until just crunchy. Toss with the remaining arugula paste.
- When fish has reached an internal temperature of 158° F (70° C)
- Serve hot on a bed of baby spinach topped with the fish and the sautéed vegetables.