September 19, 2016 by Eva Taylor
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) melted coconut oil
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) honey
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) milk
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) water
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) roughly mashed ripe bananas (about 2 smallish bananas)
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) dates
- 128 g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 94 g (3/4 cup) AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2.5 mL (½ teaspoon) ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 2.5 mL (½ teaspoon)salt
- 70 g (½ cup) chopped almonds
- Preheat the BBQ to 177 ° C (350° F) using only the front and back burners. Prepare a 10 cm x 23 cm (4″ x 9″) loaf pan by generously spraying with non-stick baking spray.
- In the large bowl of a food processor, add melted coconut oil, honey, milk, water, vanilla extract, eggs, bananas and dates and pulse until dates and bananas have been well incorporated into the liquid.
- Sift the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add all at once to the liquid and pulse a few times to incorporate. Stir in chopped almonds.
- Pour into prepared pan and set into a larger pan. Place pan into the centre of the BBQ so that the elements that are on are not below the loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean (mine was perfect in 50 minutes).
It’s a dense bread that is perfect for breakfast or a small snack.