I had an excess of radishes in my pantry so I decided to pickle them before they turned bad. They will make a nice garnish to pulled pork or a rich stew like bœuf bourguignon.
A KitchenInspirations Original Recipe
Makes 250 mL (1 cup)
- 160 g (~1 cup) radishes, sliced thinly
- 30 g (~5 cloves) garlic, sliced thinly
- 250 mL (1 cup) white vinegar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sugar
- 5 g (~ 6 sprigs) dill sprigs
- 250 mL (1 cup) sterilized canning jar
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt and heat until both salt and sugar have dissolved, stir well.
- Add the radishes and garlic slices to the jar and pour the hot liquid over to cover. Tap the jar a few times to burst any air bubbles.
- Pour the liquid over the radishes and tap the jar on the counter a few times to get the liquid dispersed evenly. Add the dill sprigs, making sure they are covered in the liquid. Screw on the lid.
- Use immediately or process jar for 10 minutes (or as required in your neck of the woods), allow to cool on the counter. Label. Store for 3 months in a cool, dark place or use within a month in the fridge.