We had the most splendid weather on the day JT had my birthday party, not humid at all and it was beautifully sunny. Even though it was a wonderful temperature I decided not to serve any warm or hot appetizers, keeping the house even cooler! When I saw a version of this tasty mediterranean dip over on Karen’s blog (Back Road Journal) I knew I had to include it in my party food repertoire! We served it with papadums and Gluten Free crackers. The next day we had it for dinner with a little goats cheese, very tasty indeed.
An easy dip to make and delicious to eat!
Black Olive Tapenade
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbsp EVOO
- Add everything but the parsley to a small chopper and pulse until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Gently fold in the chopped parsley.
- Serve at room temperature.