A little of this, a little of that!
This is a delicious low-cal main course (low-fat, low-sodium but high in taste)! I’ve had to go back on my strict diet because we’ve not been going regularly to the club over the summer and I’ve packed on about 7lbs (it doesn’t seem like much, but I just don’t want it to creep on since I worked so hard to lose 25 in the first place!). I’m doing great, my first week down 4lbs!!!
So, we made this meal and it turned out very well. The green of the cilantro stays so bright and beautiful…largely due to the lime juice. You can flavour with a touch of sugar, to cut the lime, but I wasn’t allowed to, and it still tasted great!
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed and washed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped or on a micro plane)
- 1 tsp ginger (finely chopped or on a micro plane)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp green curry paste
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped green onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I couldn’t, but you sure can!)
- 3.5 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast per person (if you’re not on this ridiculous diet, then up it to 5-6oz as JT did).
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In an immersion blender container, put all of the ingredients except the chicken. Blend feverishly until almost smooth (you can leave chunky).
- Dry chicken breasts and score in about a 3/4″ grid on smooth side (this allows the cooking marinade to penetrate).
- Lightly spray an oven-proof dish with Pam. Place chicken in smooth side up (this is where the skin used to be).
- Pour cooking marinade over and rub into the chicken so that the score marks are also saturated within.
- Bake uncovered at 375F for about 30-40 minutes, or until juices run clear (it depends on how thick the breasts are).
- Serve over steamed vegetables or stir fried vegetables…only your favorites, of course!
While baking chicken, steam or stir fry some of your favourite vegetables in a touch of oil (or Pam). Sprinkle with about 1 tsp of 5 Chinese Spice (really warm flavours)