I originally posted this recipe in November 2008, but it’s so tasty, I decided it deserved a post on its own!
I’m baking them as a gift for our hosts in Calgary along with braised tomato and roasted red pepper jam. They are 100% gluten free.
These are delicious!
- 3 cups unblanched ground almonds
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup sesame seeds, I like black and white versions, toasted lightly.
- 2 eggs, whisked until frothy
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (I use a flavoured olive oil)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, salt, sesame seeds, eggs and oil until well blended
- Separate dough into two halves
- Line two large (12 x 16) stainless steel baking sheets with parchment paper
- Place one half of the dough in the center of each lined sheet
- Cut another piece of parchment paper and place it over one of the balls of dough (use the top of the first one for the second one!)
- Roll dough out between the two pieces of parchment paper, until it is ⅛ inch thick and covers the entire baking sheet; remove top paper and repeat process with the other piece of dough
- Cut the dough with a knife or pizza cutter into 2 inch squares
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown (watch carefully, these can burn very very easily!)
- Cool and serve
Makes ~96 crackers