We had a very good friend and her hubby over for brunch during the holidays; she is gluten intolerant so I like to make things she can easily enjoy, AND I don’t like to make two of everything so whatever I cook/bake has to be delicious enough that her husband can’t tell the difference ;-)! My good blogger friends Kristy and Mike at Our Family Food Adventures made a raspberry tart the other day, and it looked absolutely wonderful, so I went about the internet to find a gluten free pie pastry. I made a few alterations in the filling recipe to make it gluten free and a smaller tart size. Sadly the GF crust recipe I used was not the best so I won’t list the recipe, but I used this one, cutting it in half for the smaller tart pan!
The pastry in our little tester up front turned out a very hard and leathery, I would probably suggest a bit more butter in the pastry or a different recipe!
Raspberry Filling Ingredients:
- 3 c raspberries (I used frozen)
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/3 c tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Raspberry Filling Directions:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Defrost the raspberries.
- Sprinkle with the 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup tapioca starch, mix well.
- Add the Greek yogurt and mix. Set aside.
- Combine the 1 tbsp sugar with the cinnamon.
- Rub the butter on the bottom of the tart pastry until it is completely used up. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Pour the raspberry filling into the tart pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden and the filling has set.
- Allow to cool. Serve cold or at room temperature.